Trial and Error

Steve’s Authentic Key Lime Pie

Welcome to the very first video post!!!

This was something my boyfriend had been pushing me to do for a while but I was hesitant because I’m not entirely too eager to see and/or hear myself talk on video. Hearing one’s own voice on recording is always traumatizing and I wanted to spare my poor readers from that sure-to-be-horror.

You’re welcome, by the way.

But, he convinced me we could do it in a way where the most anyone would see are my slightly frightening hands.

So we took one of our favorite recipes, and decided to shoot it! And I totally fell in love with it, so don’t fret, this will not be the last of the video recipe!

Just to clarify- this is not my recipe. This is the recipe from Steve Tarpin, the owner of Steve’s Authentic Key Lime Pies, a shop found in Red Hook, Brooklyn.

ALSO: Since the eggs in the recipe are never cooked, make sure to buy pasteurized eggs. You can also pasteurize your own eggs, google will show you the way on that one.

Video Credit Mark Cersosimo

Visit here for the recipe.

14 comments on Steve’s Authentic Key Lime Pie

1. Kat
    February 2, 2012 at 11:44 am ( 958 days ago )

The pie looks amazing and I really like the way the video was shot and edited. It let you know what was going on without being too generic or boring. Brilliant work all round!

2. Kelsey
    February 2, 2012 at 12:01 pm ( 958 days ago )

Thanks so much! So happy you enjoyed it!

3. nim
    February 2, 2012 at 12:13 pm ( 958 days ago )

Loved the video and I’ve made that same style pie before…yum!!

• Kelsey
      February 2, 2012 at 11:51 pm ( 957 days ago )

It’s so good, huh? I’ve been fully converted to this style Key Lime Pie- can’t go back!

4. Caroline
    February 2, 2012 at 1:00 pm ( 957 days ago )

Just discovered this blog and I love it! Great video too, hope to see more of them in the future

• Kelsey
      February 2, 2012 at 1:07 pm ( 957 days ago )

Thanks so much, Caroline!! There are already more videos in the works for future posts so stay tuned!

5. Wendy Wong
    February 2, 2012 at 10:08 pm ( 957 days ago )

Very very excellent video! Please post on the LiveJournal community again if another video comes up! (I saved the recipe in my Memories; can’t wait to try the recipe!) I absolutely loved it.

• Kelsey
      February 2, 2012 at 11:49 pm ( 957 days ago )

Thanks, Wendy!! I’ll absolutely make sure to post future videos to the community! I have a couple more in the works that I’m really excited to show everyone.

6. KeylimeSteve
    February 3, 2012 at 9:00 am ( 957 days ago )

WOW, that looks great! Seriously, nice production values, better than we’ve done. Mind if we use this on our website?

• Kelsey
      February 3, 2012 at 9:06 am ( 957 days ago )

Hey Steve! I’m really happy you enjoy the video, and yes! I’d love to see this on your website.

• Mark Cersosimo
      February 3, 2012 at 9:13 am ( 957 days ago )

Steve, we’d be absolutely honored! Thank you for asking! We wish we could stop by the shop anytime, but alas, the trek from Queens to Red Hook can be daunting in the winter months and sometimes we’re forced to make one ourselves. Would you at all be interested in filming some original content for your site? We’d love to be a bigger help to you.

7. Naseem
    February 5, 2012 at 10:35 pm ( 954 days ago )

I came over from the live journal post…I LOVED it! Great job :)

• Kelsey
      February 6, 2012 at 11:18 pm ( 953 days ago )

Great to have you here!! I’m so happy you enjoyed it :)

8. JoannaC
    March 3, 2012 at 9:38 am ( 928 days ago )

You really have something here with the style of these videos. Keep it going!